Diagnostic Imaging Services
The links below describe many of the services we provide to our patients. The resource for this information is RadiologyInfo.org (www.radiologyinfo.org)- Patient information about radiologic procedures and the role of radiologists in healthcare. Concise, accurate descriptions of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic radiology procedures, how each is performed and what patients might experience.
What Is A Radiologist and What Do They Do?
- Learn more about the physician who is reading your studies, either by clicking on the link above to find out about the education and certification requirements of radiologist or
- Learn about the physicians for West County Radiology Group by going to the Physicians Page.
Breast Imaging Procedures
- Mammography: read about screening and diagnostic mammograms, including the uses, preparation, benefits, risks, and limitations.
- Galactography: Read about this special type of mammogram of the milk ducts.
- Breast Ultrasound: Read this article from HealthImaging.com regarding the benefits of 3D breast ultrasound, which is available at some of the facilities where we do our readings.
- Breast MRI: Read about the uses of breast MRI, as well as the preparation and description of the procedure.
- Ultrasound-Guided Core Biopsy: Find out the difference between ultrasound-guided, stereotactic and MRI-guided breast biopsies.
- Stereotactic Core Biopsy: Find out the difference between ultrasound-guided, stereotactic and MRI-guided breast biopsies.
- MRI-Guided Core Biopsy: Find out the difference between ultrasound-guided, stereotactic and MRI-guided breast biopsies.
How to Make an Appointment
Appointments by referral only except for mammography, interventional radiology, and neuroradiology.
More Fellowship-Trained Subspecialists
The group has more fellowship-trained subspecialists than any other institution in the area, with the exception of a local teaching hospital. Many of our physicians have served and are currently serving in executive leadership roles in state and local medical organizations in an effort to preserve the quality of healthcare.
West County Radiological GRoup is a hospital-based radiology group. The radiologiosts do not own any imaging centers or imaging equipment. Therefore, we have no conflicts of interest that would encourage us to suggest any unnecessary follow up studies. We treat our patients just like we would like to be treated; with courtesy, respect, and understanding. Our goal is to get results to the referring physicians within a metter of hours if a routine study is overed, and within minutes if the situation is more critical. We work with our hospitals to ensure that these studies reach the referring physicians’ offices promptly.
Let us know how we are doing.
You are very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. WE hope you enjoy our site and find it useful.
Send us a message email@example.com
Providing Quality Diagnostic and Interventional Solutions to Hospitals and Patients