Specialized Experts in Mammography & Other Women’s Imaging Services
Women’s imaging covers a range of diagnostic tests to help women know if they have any health abnormalities or diseases. Women’s imaging tests (like mammography) can warn you and your doctor about potential life-threatening problems. They can also help your healthcare team decide on a treatment plan or recovery strategy. The latest women’s imaging screening technology is used to find and stop undiagnosed illnesses before they become larger problems.
At West County Radiological Group, our goal is to provide patients and their providers with the information and support needed to make confident, informed decisions.
Get Peace of Mind Through Advanced Technology
The following are some of the imaging services we provide for women. Follow each link to learn more about each test.
- Digital mammography with (or without) 3D tomosynthesis
- Breast ultrasound
- 3D automated whole breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsy
- Stereotactic core biopsy
- Biopsies (stereotactic, ultrasound, and MRI)
- Galactography (mammogram of the milk ducts)
The Importance of Screening Mammography
Mammograms are the best way to find breast cancer early when it is easier to treat. The following are a few examples of why to undergo annual screening mammograms beginning at the age of 40:
- One in six breast cancers occurs in women in their 40s.
- Mammography has helped reduce breast cancer mortality in the U.S. by nearly 40% since 1990.
- One study shows mammography screening cut the risk of dying from breast cancer nearly in half.
- Three out of four women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history of the disease and are not considered high risk.
- Annual screening mammograms save lives and are the #1 way to detect and diagnose breast cancer at an early age.
Have a Question About A Bill?
Personalized Screening & Diagnostics
At West County Radiological Group, all of our experts are board-certified by the American Board of Radiology and highly skilled in interpreting the radiologic exams. Our group has more fellowship-trained subspecialties than any private institution in the area.
Our team of women imaging specialists relies on the latest technology to provide our patients with compassionate care. When you choose West County Radiological Group, you’ll receive excellent, quality care from highly skilled specialists.
What to Expect During Mammography & Other Imaging Appointments
We understand these kinds of screenings and procedures might be uncomfortable and scary. No matter the type of testing you need, we are dedicated to providing an exceptional experience based on respect and caring. We have a highly skilled team of mammographers, radiologists, and ultrasound technologists who will perform your test in a stress-free, comfortable environment, using state-of-the-art technology.